The GRE Quantitative (math) section can be a panicky sweat-fest to the unprepared. Don’t get caught with your pants down. Know these three keys that will make the GRE Quantitative section curl up in the fetal position and beg for mercy. Continue reading Top 3 Things You Must Know for the GRE Quantitative section© Cody Blair, All Rights Reserved.
Watch the GRE course video lectures on the GRE topics you need, such as how to quickly and effectively memorize large amounts of vocabulary or the proven methods for increasing your effectiveness on those evil reading comprehension questions. I explain each concept while you follow along doing practice problems and taking notes as needed.
Hi Cody, I found your StudyProf site because I was looking for GRE prep in College Station. I purchased the videos and watched them twice. I loved them and they were great! They helped me get a 320. … Thanks very much, Joseph
The videos are similar to what you would see if you were to attend my live GRE course weekend classes. It’s the same GRE course I teach at Texas A&M University every summer to hundreds of students. The video GRE course, however, has several advantages.
- Purchase only the sections you need. Don’t need help in the written analytical section of the GRE? Great. Skip it!
- Watch the videos over and over. Pause and replay them as needed.
- Watch whenever and wherever you like. If your best time is at 2 A.M. on the transatlantic flight to Mombasa, knock yourself out. As long as you have internet access, you’re good to go.
- Schedule one-on-one tutoring time with me via Skype, should you need extra help. My videos are pretty thorough, and I’ve been doing this for thirteen years now, so I know the questions before you ask them. That means you probably won’t ever need to work one-on-one with me via Skype, but I’m there if you need me. Even if you need several hours of help, it’s still way cheaper.
Sign Up for the StudyProf GRE Prep Course Online
You’ll need to download the StudyProf GRE Prep Student Workbook. You can print this pdf document out, so you can write on it. Or you can just keep it open on your computer as you watch the videos.
I’ll refer to the Kaplan GRE book through out, but you can really use any resource with decent practice problems. Other sources might be a friend’s old revised GRE book, a GRE book from your local library, or websites with practice problems. In the very first lesson I explain the pluses and minuses of each.
Purchase the videos individually for $9.95, or get the full course for $89. You can use your PayPal account or major credit card and get access to the videos.
Click Here Now! StudyProf GRE Prep Course Online
Remember, you can watch as many or as few of these as you need, but do be sure to read the descriptions, so you’ll know what’s included. Click on the video names when you’re ready to get started.
This is the foundation for all the other videos. It is the single most important video in the series, and it covers…
- How grad schools use (and don’t use) your GRE scores
- Best practices for the testing center
- How the test actually works and what you can expect on test day
- How you can get half the questions wrong and still potentially get an above average score
- How to handle test anxiety–the single-biggest score killer for about twenty percent of my students
- Where to get free, high-quality practice materials
- A simple way to make sure you don’t run out of time
- Score-saving tips for top performance on the test
Most test prep companies give you a long list of GRE vocabulary words and then say, “go learn it.” That’s the hard–and often ineffective–way to do things. In this video, I’ll show you…
- How much new vocabulary you should learn for the GRE test
- How you can memorize anything (not just GRE vocabulary) as efficiently as possible
- The easy way to get GRE vocabulary stuck in your head
- The best way to learn these words at the level you’ll need in order to get a better score on your GRE test
- Why memorizing the GRE vocabulary definitions in the test prep books is a waste of time; and what you should be doing instead
- Two simple ways to keep track of which GRE vocabulary words to study on any given day so that you don’t forget them ever
Learn easy ways to approach the text completion and sentence equivalence questions on the verbal sections of the GRE test. We’ll discuss each question type from start to finish, including…
- Easy ways to knock out half the answer choices (or more)
- How to make the sentences much easier to understand
- Marking answer choices on your scratch paper to maximize your chances of getting it right
- What to do when you don’t know some of the words
- What the best test-takers do to get questions right when they are stumped
Reading comprehension questions are the most common question types on the GRE verbal sections–and the hardest for most people. In this GRE prep video, discover…
- One simple thing you can start doing right now that will make these questions much easier
- How to actually read more slowly and save time
- The best techniques for approaching each question
- When to skip these questions (and when not to)
- A step-by-step recipe for getting your best possible score on GRE reading comprehension questions
- The big mistake most people make and the simple way to avoid it
- How to handle timing
This is the most important video for the GRE quantitative section. Watch it first. In it I’ll show you…
- The structure of the quantitative section and how to use it to your advantage
- Why the GRE calculator sucks away your time, and what to do instead
- The score saving way to use (and not use) your scratch paper
- What to do when you run out of time on a problem
- Simple ways to red-flag wrong answers
- How to have a very good idea of which answer is correct (even when you don’t understand the question)
- Ways to maximize your score if you’re already good at the math (and pitfalls that trip up my best math students)
- What to do if you aren’t so good at the GRE quantitative; when to guess and how to get points when you do it
The GRE quantitative section includes many basic mathematical concepts that you may have learned in sixth grade, or before! The problem is, most of us haven’t seen those concepts since we were in grade school. In these lessons I’ll show you…
- Every basic math concept I’ve ever seen tested on a GRE test
- Why that calculator often won’t be much help, and what you should do instead
- The different types of quantitative questions; multiple choice, multiple answer, quantitative comparisons, etc.
- How these concepts are often the vital key to some of the toughest problems on the GRE
- Key information you need to know that will make these problems easy for you, even when they’re super hard for most test takers
- This video includes concepts such as fractions, exponents, factorization, percents, decimals, permutations, ratios, and more
This video covers three areas with which many students really struggle. The GRE quantitative sections include many problems that use concepts from geometry, from probabilities, and from statistics. Some questions require knowledge of all three. This video will show you…
- Every geometry, probability, and statistic concept I’ve ever seen tested on the GRE
- Rules of thumb that make many tough problems ridiculously simple
- Key information to learn that will put you way ahead of the competition
- How to quickly get correct answers on triangle problems without ever using the Pythagorean Theorem
- Simple information that will make problems easy for you that are impossible for many people.
The GRE quantitative sections have vast amounts of algebra, and you need to be efficient and accurate to max out your score. However, there is a ton of algebra you don’t need to know! In this video…
- Every algebra concept I’ve ever seen tested on the GRE
- Time saving information that will let you complete many problems three or four times faster than your competition
- What information and concepts you shouldn’t waste time studying
- Includes concepts such as factorization, funny-looking symbols, quadratic equations, word problems, simultaneous equations, and more
The written analytical section of the GRE test is what every GRE starts out with. That’s right, you’ll spend the first hour of your GRE writing essays. For some schools this is the most important section of the GRE, but many schools don’t even look at this score! Make sure you know whether or not the grad schools you are trying to get into actually care about this section before you spend time practicing for it. In this video…
- Discover the best techniques for the issue essay and the argument essay
- Find out where you can see every single issue or argument they use on the GRE
- How to have your essay one-third done before you even walk in the door
- The easy ways to not run out of time
- Exactly what the graders are looking for, and what they don’t care about
- A key component your essays should have that will put you ahead of four out of five people who take the GRE
- The simple way to come up with excellent quotes and statistics to use in your essay
- How to put just enough big GRE words in your essay and use them well
Have questions that I haven’t answered here? Shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m happy to help!
GRE ® is a registered trademark of the Educational Testing Service, which neither sponsors nor endorses this product, nor is it affiliated with StudyProf or this website. Test names and other trademarks are the property of the respective trademark holders. None of the trademark holders are affiliated with StudyProf or this website.
I teach large GRE Prep classes for Texas A&M and the University of Houston as well as small, private classes in the Bryan/College Station area. I also do one-on-one tutoring online anywhere in the world! Call or text (979) 633-4524.
I can answer any questions you have about the GRE and GRE prep. . .
- When to begin studying
- What grad schools are looking for
- The best way for you to move forward with your GRE prep
StudyProf GRE Prep Courses Include. . .
- All three sections of the GRE: Quantitative, Verbal, and Written Analytical. We’ll cover everything you need to get an excellent GRE score and get into the grad school you want.
- Secrets, powerful techniques, and targeted GRE practice on the different GRE question types you’ll see in each section. Learn the insider tricks and powerful methods master test takers use to max out their GRE scores.
“Cody’s GRE course was excellent. He was a very knowledgeable, relatable, and charismatic teacher. He covered all aspects of the test in great detail. Moreover, he teaches you the skills needed to maximize your learning and studying.” – Zach D.
- Small GRE Classes: usually, eight students or less! That means you get immediate answers to your questions and personal attention, so you get the help you need!
- An easy to follow study schedule to help you continue sharpening your new skills after the class. You’ll have a step-by-step plan to power up for the GRE.
WOW. Not what I expected; I actually learned something! Best course I’ve been to. – Anastasia S.
- An in-depth look at test taking strategies, including how to handle test anxiety. That can be the KEY to a vastly increased GRE score for about 20% of my students, and most other GRE prep courses don’t even talk about it!
- Time-saving tricks to master the GRE vocabulary necessary to increase your score. Don’t waste your time memorizing vocabulary the wrong way!
“Hudson is an excellent lecturer. I took his GRE course, and I am convinced that his instruction immensely improved my score. His price is an absolute bargain compared to many GRE prep courses out there, and I believe his instruction on the writing portion alone is worth the money. In my first practice test, I scored a 318. On test day, I scored a 329, and I know that I could not have performed that well without his tips.” – Ben F. – Read what other students say
Full, MONEY-BACK Guarantee. Get the GRE score you want or get your money back. Find out more.
Schedule one-on-one GRE tutoring, live or via Skype, by emailing email@example.com or calling (979) 633-4524, OR Sign up for a LIVE StudyProf GRE Prep class taught in College Station, Texas. Click Here to Reserve Your Spot!or click here to find out more about one-on-on GRE tutoring.
…thank you for the fantastic prep for the GRE. The general insight into the structure of the exam, question writing, trends in grading (the generally scientific and data based approach to the whole course), and general tips for efficient time use were a massive help. I took the exam that September and received 164/167/6.0 scores. So thank you very much for the excellent course.” – GRE Prep Course Student – Read what other students say
Why the StudyProf GRE Prep class is best…
- It’s only $395 . That’s less than a third of what other GRE Prep courses charge you for the privilege of getting lectured by their part-time, grad-student instructors. In my proven course, you’ll have an…
- Use your personal coupon code to get discounts on the course for you and your friends and to get cash back for sending others to this course. See details here.
- Experienced GRE Prep Instructor. The seminar is taught by me, Cody Blair, a Texas-certified teacher and National Merit Scholar with over a decade of experience teaching GRE Prep.
I decided to take the GRE with very little time to prepare. After two meetings with Cody, my score improved 12 points, and I scored above and beyond my goal during my official test. I would highly recommend giving him a call if you are preparing for the GRE. – Maverick N. – Read what other students say
- I Fit Your Schedule. Other programs have about the same amount of formal instruction as StudyProf GRE Prep, but they fluff it out to five weeks (and $1,200) or more by adding lots of GRE practice work you could easily do on your own at home for FREE. We get the GRE classroom instruction done in two days! Just come on…
- Two Consecutive Saturdays, then use my continuing schedule of GRE study to target your problem areas before the test. Best of all, you have the freedom to fit your GRE study to your schedule. If you run into problems I provide…
- Help When YOU Need It. That means you can call, email, or Skype me for additional assistance. That must be why…
- My Students Love StudyProf GRE Prep. One student–after a huge score increase–said…
“Thank you for your time and effort to make this easier on us. In retrospect I was very scared of failure on the GRE. But now, I can honestly study and aim for a 320, without feeling foolish. Cody’s offer to help outside of prep class was also impressive … Thank you!” – GRE Prep Course Student. – Read what other students say
Four Different GRE Prep Courses to Suit You…
STANDARD GRE Course – $395 – Includes the full GRE course, a 433-page GRE prep book (one of the best GRE prep books on the market!) with two free online GRE practice tests, and an 58-page supplemental book that includes techniques not covered by any of the major prep companies.
SILVER GRE Course – $455 – Includes the full GRE course, a 433-page GRE prep book with two free online GRE practice tests, and an 58-page supplemental book that includes techniques not covered by any of the major prep companies. Plus, you may attend the GRE prep class again within the next 6 months for free. You will also get seven, full length GRE practice tests with over 450 verbal and quantitative practice questions.
GOLD GRE Course – $495 – Includes the full GRE course, a 433-page GRE prep book with two free online GRE practice tests, and an 58-page supplemental book that includes techniques not covered by any of the major prep companies. PLUS, you may attend the GRE class as many times as you like for free for the next 3 years. You will also get seven, full-length GRE practice tests with over 450 verbal and quantitative practice questions. You can also view all the session videos online so you can review at your convenience.
1-ON-1 GRE TUTORING – Find out more here: one-on-on GRE tutoring
Upcoming GRE Prep Dates…
See the registration page for upcoming dates. Don’t forget about the one-on-one option if none of those dates suit your schedule!
Choose the GRE classes that are Right for You…
“I took your GRE prep class last month and just took the GRE test. I just wanted to thank you for helping me study for this test. Again, thank you so much. I never expected to score this well!” – Mallory F. –Read what other students say
I began teaching GRE prep in 2000. My employer at the time decided to offer GRE and SAT prep. Since then, the GRE has undergone some major overhauls, and I’ve been around for all of them. I originally got the course from a guy in Austin who had been teaching GRE prep–with great results–for fifteen years. I used his materials for awhile, but…
A couple of thousand students later, and I saw clear areas for improvement. I saw what really tripped up my GRE students. I found the areas of the GRE most students struggled with. I figured out the best ways to explain certain concepts. I found powerful techniques and tricks that aren’t in any of the GRE prep books. I also figured out exactly what was in the books that wasn’t needed; even the big international GRE test prep companies have whole sections full of information that isn’t on the GRE. So I rewrote the course; quantitative, verbal, and written analytical.
Since then, I’ve steadily modified the StudyProf GRE Prep course to streamline the content, perfect the techniques, and add in powerful methods for tackling the problems that the other GRE prep companies don’t even address. You can register for an upcoming StudyProf GRE Prep class now or find out more about one-on-on GRE tutoring.